MalewaukeeOrganizations, Groups, and Individuals that follow the Social.Resonsibility manifesto with man-approved content
- Beers and Gears a non "bike club" bike club. As they say "Enjoying a activity that is socially conscious in an urban environment, yet includes what folks in Milwaukee do best!" sounds like a rephrasing of Social.Responsibility and the Well-Met Code to me.
- Brain Brawn & Body - a unique website dedicated to the health and wellness of African American men. Along with its annual publication the mission of advancing men's health will be accomplished.
- DreamBikes a non-profit, 501(c)3 organization that strategically places used bicycle stores in low-income troubled communities. We partner with local youth organizations to staff the store with teens from the area. We are here to make a real difference in the lives of the kids, help needy communities and change the world - one kid and one bike at a time.
- Metro Mountain Bikers Milwaukee Chapter of Wisconsin Off-Road Bicycle Association, our mission is to promote and protect environmentally responsible mountain bike opportunities in the area. We are working to open more and better trails for all to use.
- Milwaukee Bicycle Works a group whose mission is to increase access to bicycling and its benefits through hands-on programs for youth and adults, through volunteer projects, and a neighborhood bike shop that will serve as a center of community cycling on Milwaukee’s West Side.
- Sharpologist - Wisconsin shaving aficionado
Local ResourcesOther local, more traditional organizations that support being Great.
- Urban Milwaukee - providing an informative and open dialogue on the issues, events, and people affecting Milwaukee’s most urban neighborhoods, and to promote urbanism within the city of Milwaukee.
- Bucketworks - A Health Club for your brain
- Volunteer Center of Greater Milwaukee with a way to search for organizations by various parameters here.
- Nonprofit Center of Milwaukee
- Volunteer Match for Milwaukee
- United Way Milwaukee
- Milwaukee Habitat for Humanity
- Metro Milwaukee Optimist Club - dedicated to "Bringing Out the Best in Kids" and do their part through community service programs.
- How To Choose A Suit - UK's premier department store House of Fraser's guide to buying a suit
- Dappered - superb online guide to affordable men's style.
- Freemans Sporting Club - modern gentleman's clothes and blog about being a gentleman
- Kaufmann Mercantile - more than a store, a resource on Materials, design, craft and the use of everyday goods - man stuff.
- Good - integrated media platform for people who want to live well and do good, producing a website, videos, live events, and a print magazine.
- HandsOn Network - resource for volunteers and volunteerism
- Proper As Hell - a like-minded blog on being a modern gentleman