In the list are the usual suspects like saying please and thank you, but here are the ones I think are important to being a Well-Met Man:
- Manner #4 If you do need to get somebody's attention right away, the phrase "excuse me" is the most polite way for you to enter the conversation.
- Manner #6 The world is not interested in what you dislike. Keep negative opinions to yourself, or between you and your friends, and out of earshot of adults.
- Manner #8 When people ask you how you are, tell them and then ask them how they are.
- Manner #12 Be appreciative and say "thank you" for any gift you receive. In the age of e-mail, a handwritten thank-you note can have a powerful effect.
- Manner #17 If you bump into somebody, immediately say "Excuse me."
- Manner #19 As you walk through a door, look to see if you can hold it open for someone else.
- Manner #23 When someone helps you, say "thank you." That person will likely want to help you again.