Goods + Services
Here is a list of goods and services by men and/or for men including local ones that follow the values to Be Great; other local places to simply get good looks, food, and drink catering to men's style; followed by other green businesses and ways to shop and be philanthropic at the same time.
Just For MenwaukeePlaces and spaces that cater to men and men alone
- Brass Rooster premier Milwaukee-owned hat and accessories shop now making their own line and custom hats.
- Dapper a friendly neighborhood barbershop located on historic Brady Street in Milwaukee specializing classic barbering services.
- Iron Horse Hotel Maybe the only 'boutique' hotel any man's man would want to stay at. Lot's of Well-Met activities there as well.
- Merry Men 3 guys with a cleaning service. They go beyond home and office. Need that airplane of yours cleaned? Nice article on OnMilwaukee.
- Stag Barbershop Catering specifically to men. See our Heview.
Well-Met MilwaukeeMilwaukee businesses that promote wellness and yet are man-approved
- Active Body Wellness offers holistic pain relief through several different types of massage. These include swedish massage, deep tissue, hot and cold stone massage, therapeutic massage, Muscle Release Therapy® and Craniosacral Therapy®.
- Blue's Egg A Breakfast and Lunch only restaurant with one of the best brunches in town in a simple, art-deco inspired setting. Each day at Blue’s, you can order the “Egg Plate” and know that one dollar will be donated to a monthly-changing, local organization. Brother restaurant Maxie's Southern Comfort also has local and green practices with amazing southern-inspired comfort food as the name suggests.
- Braise A Milwaukee business that 'makes local, peak of season produce easily accessible to area restaurants', and now has their own restaurant. Like others who get their food from Braise, the restaurant proves that fresh, local, and good doesn't have to be flavorless and includes meat.
- Comet Cafe and The Comet is a Milwaukee classic with 'from scratch' food of decidedly Milwaukee character made with fresh, local ingredients (a member of Braise). A favorite for brunch, and a 'Best Hangover Breakfast' place after those binges.
- Cory The Bike Fixer Biking is a big part of the wellness movement - for people and the earth. Get healthy and save emissions by biking. And there is no cooler place to get or fix a bike than at Cory's. He also fixes up used bikes and sells them as good as (or better than) new. See our Heview.
- Halo Soap has locally hand made, natural men's grooming products including pre- and post-shave and man-friendly soap scents like beer, bay rum, and coffee - even dirt, yes dirt scent.
- Horny Goat Hideaway Every Sunday HG features a different charity or community group to receive a portion of sales between 1am and 5pm.
- Honeypie Cafe is another Mid-Western-inspired menu (comfort food like mac-n-cheese and ribs) with local, fresh ingredients (a Braise member).
- MKE Brewing - Milwaukee craft brewer named DNR Green Tier organization for eco-friendly practices.
- Penzey's Spices - Raw and blend spice purveyor with a socially conscious owner and message
- Palomino A retro styled, old-school bar that has many vegetarian options on their menu.
- Potosi Brewing Wisconsin brewery that is a non-profit organization whose mission is ‘to channel all profits into its markets served to support historical and educational initiatives, and charitable causes’ and also houses the American Breweriana Association national museum.
- Purple Door Ice Cream With texture and flavor profiles to match custard this locally sourced super-premium ice cream has manly flavors like salted caramel, coffee, even whiskey. Full Heview here.
- Stack'd Bar Combining quality local produce and grass-fed beef... destination for gourmet burgers...using only Wisconsin raised and grown ingredients (where possible) from local brands and co-ops. With drink specials on Mondays and Wednesdays supporting local breweries and distillers.
- Transfer Pizzeria and Via Downer a pair of brother restaurants that use local ingredients (a Braise member) and also promote a green, healthy lifestyle with promotions for bikers and users of public transportation.
- Milwaukee Area Farmer's Markets 2012 list of markets to get local, fresh food, and commiserate with like-minded people. Also check out the Farm Fresh Atlas for a comprehensive list of farmer's markets and farms you can buy direct from in all of Southeastern Wisconsin.
Green MenBusinesses that support green practices with man-approved style
- Cycle Dog Dog collars and leashes made from reclaimed inner tubes
- Ecowise – organic cotton underwear
- Green Label Organic – organic cotton for men with cool designs
- Life is Good – Good Karma organic cotton line
- nau – very fashionable stuff
- Patagonia – has a full line of men’s organic cotton
- REI carries many organic cotton brands some of which are listed here as well as their own
- Print on demand sites such as Zazzle and Cafepress have organic selections (here I would like to work with creative individuals to create our own designs and pick charity(ies) or the proceeds to go to – are you up to it?)
- Red Dog eco-sport – organic cotton underwear
- ReBike - products made from recycled bike chains
- Kaufmann Mercantile - Many natural/organic items and also a Made in USA products page.
- TOMS Marketplace TOMS (see below) has a store for other social entrepreneurs - businesses with a model that helps others in some fashion - to sell their wares including tech accessories.
- B1G1 - Buy 1 Give 1 participating businesses
- Master & Commander - donates one jacket for every purchased to refugees
- Sevenly weekly t-shirt designs donating $7 from each shirt to the week's charity
- TOMS a prominent B1G1 shoe and eyewear business