OK I want to use my own bags shopping, great but every bag seems to be girly floral bird patterns and prints (like this bag here). Same with water bottles, yes Sigg makes some bottles with skulls and what not on them but the percentage is low compared to kids and womens' prints, and the list goes on.
I will try to scour the stores - both brick and mortar and online, to find resources for cool green stuff for men and post here as I find them.
At least in one or two areas its not hard to find green for men: casual clothes and personal wear. This is mainly due to organic cotton. Well what it the deal with organic versus regular cotton?
Organic cotton is grown using methods and materials that have a low impact on the environment. Organic production systems replenish and maintain soil fertility, reduce the use of toxic and persistent pesticides and fertilizers, and build biologically diverse agriculture. Third-party certification organizations verify that organic producers use only methods and materials allowed in organic production. Organic cotton is grown without the use of toxic and persistent pesticides and synthetic fertilizers. In addition, federal regulations prohibit the use of genetically engineered seed for organic farming. All cotton sold as organic in the United States must meet strict federal regulations covering how the cotton is grown.
Here are a few places for green shirts and other clothes:
- nau - very fashionable stuff, my first find of eco-friendly more formal wear.
- Green Label Organic - organic cotton for men with cool designs
- Patagonia - has a full line of men's organic cotton
- Life is Good - Good Karma organic cotton line
- REI carries many organic cotton brands some of which are listed here as well as their own
- Walmart - yes, Walmart, carries Faded Glory line with organic cotton items
- Print on demand sites such as Zazzle and Cafepress have organic selections.
(Here I would like to work with creative individuals to create our own designs and pick charity(ies) for the proceeds to go to - are you up to it?)
Now the hard part, bags and more formal at least office type clothes. Like say this cool coat from nau.