Since 1988, Milwaukee's BizTimes' Future 50 Program, recognizes privately-owned companies in the seven county region that have been in business for at least three years and have shown significant revenue and employment growth. As part of that program they are holding a contest to vote for the Most Social Company' of the Fortune 50. The company chosen gets to pick a non-profit of their choice to receive a package worth $10,000 to help them in their mission including $1,000 cash.
It is tough since there are many great businesses and organizations, but based on the companies and their chosen non-profit, GMMG endorses Lowlands Group for Dream Bikes Milwaukee as the man-friendliest pairing of company and organization and we encourage you all to get on and vote for them.
Lowlands Group is a second year Future50 winner located in Milwaukee. The company owns and operates several restaurants in the Milwaukee area including Cafe Hollander, Trocadero, Cafe Centraal and Cafe Benelux. The company will compete on behalf of Dream Bikes of Milwaukee. Dream Bikes works closely with the Boys & Girls Club of Milwaukee to provide youth living in Milwaukee neighborhoods a safe, professional place to work, earn a wage, and learn valuable and marketable job skills for their futures. The organization also provides children and adults in these neighborhoods with bicycles and helmets that they may not have otherwise been able to afford. For more information on Lowlands Group or its Restaurants visit www.lowlandsgroup.com or "Like" any of the company's restaurants on Facebook. To learn more about Dream Bikes or to support the organization's mission visit www.dream-bikes.org or "Like" them on Facebook at www.facebook.com/DreamBikesMilwaukee
The details of the contest are below:
- A Facebook account will be required to vote.
- Votes cannot be purchased.
- No giveaways or incentives should be used to encourage voting.
- Voting ends Friday September 13th, at 11 PM.
- Winner will be announced at the September 17th, Future 50 Cocktail Reception.
- $1,000.00 cash donated directly to the designated nonprofit by BizTimes Media LLC.
- Ad package consists of 2 ¼ page print ads in BizTimes Milwaukee magazine and a 2-page nonprofit profile in the 2014 Giving Guide. In the event the nonprofit has already financially committed to be in the 2014 Giving Guide the profile will then be replaced with an additional ½ page print ad in BizTimes Milwaukee. No additional substitutions will be offered. Campaign is non-transferable and all ads must run before August 31, 2014.
- In the event that a company wins that has not designated a nonprofit organization, BizTimes Media will give that company one day to select an organization or one will be selected at random for them.
Whoever you support, head on over here to vote, and spread the word.