Habits for Happiness
What makes a man happy? Of course there are lots of things that men want and think make them happy such as babes, 'ball, and booze. But there are simpler things that men can do in order to just have a happier and healthier life. MSN health has an article on the 14 Habits of Happy Men, and most of them are basic things like hanging with the guys (what you do with them is your prerogative) and being healthy. I distilled and combined the 14 down to seven highlights that stand out to me that align with the Well-Met Code are:
- Generosity and charity - "Want to feel good? Try making someone else feel good" - nuff said.
- Exercise - morning, games and sports, taking a walk, an exercise routine - 4 of the 14 are different variations of getting exercise.
- Guy's Night - "the health benefits of male camaraderie are supported by a significant body of research."
- Date Night - make dedicated time with your significant other.
- Family time - relaxed, downtime versus all your planned activities - just hang together, such as at a daily meal.
- An indulgent meal - despite the exercise and health, giving yourself the satisfaction of good food - maybe as part of date night or family time?
- Alone Time - yes sometimes we need time away from all the noise - even of your friends and family - to just be, and while you are at it Get Organized.